Friday, October 8, 2010

Big day out in Cappadocia!!!

Well it was cold and dark, not much sleep, no breakfast, packed into a van at 5am and off to ?????? We have meet our pilot, he is a South African working out here for a couple of seasons.
I can understand why he is keen to work this region, he told us all the places he has flown balloons and said this is the most scenic area he has done.

I think you can workout why this is called the Valley Of Love.

After Champers, it was back to the hotel for breakfast.Then back in the bus to cover the region we saw from the air on the ground.


These formations were formed from a combination of the three local Volcanoes, lava flows, wind , rain and of coarse time. Back in the 1st and 2nd century the local people carved dwellings into the soft rock of the, as their knowen as, "Fairy Chimneys".
we also dropped in to a Carpet and rug place and Silver jewlery store. After some shopping we dropped the girls off at the hotel to get ready for tonights Turkish show. We stayed on the bus and headed back into town to a local barber.
I didn't have a haircut, instead I had a shave (So I thought!!!). He shaved me with a cut throat razor, then trimmed the hair on my neck, eyebrows, nose and was going to burn the ear hair until he saw how much I had. The risk of setting fire to the shop was too great so they waxed them, inside and out, instead. Then they cracked all my fingers and thumbs, tried to pull each arm out of their sockets followed by a thumping across my back. Later I was told it a massage. Then the covered me in lemon cologne, nivia face cream and after shave. back to get the girls then out to the Turkish night.
The Night was good, Free Booze. Started with Dervish dancers then an assortment of traditional Turkish folk dances. Night was going well til............ The Belly dancer came out. She was putting on a show, then started dragging men onto the dance floor. I sure the group conspired because they all yelled and pointed at me. So there I am, up on the floor, mimicking the artist when it was my time to perform. Let’s just say that I thought it was easier to lift the shirt and wobble my own belly. Anyhow, no pics yet as everyone are still laughing at them, but they promise to share, and so will I.
Its been a big day and the weather has now turned nasty. Need sleep, will talk again soon.
Love noel & Leanne. xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Funniest post so far; can't wait to see the pic's of this event!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete